The day after the last post I made, I accidentally got a job. I wrote about this wonderful blog post and just as I went to add the final picture, I hadn't saved the post. So it all went away. And I was mad as fuck lol. Yes I accidentally got a job. I walked in to get my nails done, walked out with a job.
I could sit here and discuss how pissed off I am that I have not kept up with making a post today or done the self-love September activities that I was so gung ho about. But that brings me to the card for the night. The 7 of swords. This for me is usually the sneaky bastard card and usually refers to a person's actions with regard to another individual. But tonight it really speaks to the swords elemental association of air, thought and communication. More specifically the negative chatter in ones mind and negative self talk. And boy is that part of the brain a sneaky bastard!
I decided to put one card from the
White Rabbit Oracle and the one that jumped out is Splendor. What an absolutely magnificent contrast to the 7 of Sw! rimson evening gown makes a bold statement with regard to her self-confidence and defiant nature. Defining any odds stacked against her or any words or actions meant to undermine her fulfillment of her desires. The beautiful butterfly on her head is like a crown. It makes me think of how many beautiful butterflies Oshun since to me every time I go sit outside! The parrot really stands out in reference to these two cards. It's as though he's flying away from that negative self talk toward the woman who looks on at him very cautiously. As he displays his oh so colorful plumage, what message is he bringing? Because she's looking at him like he do wise to not come at her with some bullshit lest he end up taxidermied as a new headpiece for her next performance LOL! This also feels like more encouragement from the universe for me to pursue my interest with the burlesque community. Both by the fact that I'm brushing up on my manicure skills to adorn the dancers graceful fingertips with rhinestones glitter and pretty polishes, but also for me to fight through The negative self talk and doubt that keeps me from gracing the stage as a dancer myself.
Here are the things I did to practice self left today:
1. I meditated today, twice! I have to remember it's not about doing a 20 minute session in frequently so much as it is about doing a three minute session daily!
2. I made a beautiful hair mask from a YouTube video I found using avocado, honey, and Castor oil. I sat outside allow the sun's want to really have the mask penetrate my scalp and hair. My hair feels so much softer! And I had the treat of seeing numerous butterflies and the most precious black and yellow hummingbird! Interesting because the last time I'm in Bird came up to me was last September while I was in Cornwall! I'll include the picture, but of course capturing a hummingbird with an iPhone was kind of futile.
3. I watched several videos from this chick Jo Anna DeVoe. She can be kind of obnoxious to be honest, but it's well worth it to get over that because the content of what she has to say is so valuable. And you got a love the fact that this chick is just doing her and not given two shits about what anybody else thinks! She's loving life and completely comfortable in her own skin so fuck with me or anybody else thinks about her somewhat overzealous and goofy nature. Like I am not either and/or both of those at any given moment LOL!? Her YouTube channel is the Kick Ass Witch. (Dammit I wish my phone would do hyperlinks!) I really strongly suggest checking out her videos as well as her blog! When you sign up for her newsletter you get access to her e-book which is in keeping with her very down-to-earth style and loaded with wisdom and ways to take action to creating a better life.
4. I sent off my money order and renewal form to bring my nail tech license for the Commonwealth of PA up-to-date.
5. Instead of eating spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, I choose to eat half of a ham and cheese sandwich with spinach instead of lettuce and a side of white seedless grapes.
6. I thought through laziness and not having a laptop and made this post. Because even though it's a pain in the ass, the end result is something that I enjoy and feel proud of.